Saturday, January 9, 2010

STORY TIME...

We tell stories every night at our house before the kids go to bed. It's usually either Kevin or Luke telling the story. Tonight, Luke told us a story. I thought it was very cute and hilarious, so I just had to share.

"Once upon a time, long ago, there was a boy named Joseph Smith. He went for a walk in the woods and said his prayers. Then he disappeared... He went up into space!! He went to the moon in a rocket ship! Joseph said, 'Wow, that is a awesome rocket!!!' Then he went to the park. The end."

It took everything in me not to laugh my head off. I don't want him to ever be too embarrassed to tell stories. I'm not sure how this story telling tradition started, but I am so glad it did. It is always one of my favorite parts of the day.

11 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hahahaha! That is to funny. What a great thing to do with the kids everynight and hear what their imaginations come up with.

ealldredge5 said...

So, there is this sort of religious group of people in the Czech Republic, and according to my understanding the think that during the second coming Jesus Christ is going to come via space ship and gather this group of followers and the Mormons (because they like us). I guess using this ideology, maybe Joseph's vision could have included a rocket. LOL

Hannah said...

That's hilarious!! Aren't kids great?!!

the Petterson Family said...

What a funny kid! He has grown up so fast! I cannot believe he used to be a 3 week old sucking on Connel's arm! haha! Any way, we miss you tons, it's great to see your updates and stories about your family. I always say that I am going to call you, but I promise sometime...I will!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

That's cute! I love what kids come up with. Maybe he thought the real story wasn't exciting enough!

nanajohanna said...

I think it's a wonderful story...parts of it sound familiar. I'll have to go back and reread JSH, maybe I missed something?! haha

The Beck Bunch said...

That is so cute! I would have been trying hard not to laugh also. Thanks for sharing! I love your little family!

Unknown said...

I love that Story, how Fun!! Eli started Sunbeams this year too, so cute......... except I am his teacher!! Jk, he is doing well but just really young, its fun though. It is good to see you guys are doing well.

Mike & Bekah +4 said...

Too cute! Sorry to sneak on to your blog...Cute just the same. I saw it on April's and couldn't resist :)

April Bishop said...

Funny. Kids are awesome!

Jordan and Krista Parker said...

Hey Heidi!
How are you? I hope that you are doing well! You have a beautiful family! We'll have to keep in touch!
Krista