Friday, May 21, 2010

My Replacement

This morning at breakfast it was Luke's turn to say the prayer. And part way through it he got stuck and forgot what to say. I was about to open my mouth to help him when Shelby who was next to him, leaned toward him and in a very sweet voice, whispered in his ear what to say. I got teary eyed. And when it was done, Luke said, "Mom! Shelby did help me. That's cause she's a Mommy. She is a beautiful Mommy!" He turned and said "thank you for helping me, Shelby". And she said, with a cute little smile, "You're welcome Yuke"(she has trouble with her L's). I am so proud of my kiddos. I just love them SOOOO much!!!

6 comments:

The Beck Bunch said...

I love your babies!!! How sweet!

Lynsey said...

Oh that is sooo sweet!! I love your kiddos to!

Hannah said...

How Sweet!! What a good Mommy you must be to have such wonderful children.

nanajohanna said...

Oh, Heidi, your Dad and I were both teary eyed over this one. Thanks for sharing so many of the things we miss. Love you all.

Hills said...

That is the cutest thing that i have heard in a long time! Your kids are so cute and sweet to each other!

Mars said...

how sweet!! Luke & Shelby are so cute!