Friday, March 23, 2012

The latest on the kiddos


Recently, Luke learned how to take showers by himself! I am beyond excited about this. It is so nice to be able to just ask him to go take a shower and not have to worry about anything else. I can just go do something else that needs done. It may sounds silly that I'm so excited about this, but oh well. It's also been great for his self confidence. Which makes me so happy! And I had to post this picture. He is so stinkin cute!!



A couple of weeks ago, Shelby had to have a tooth pulled. She woke up crying, and the gums around her tooth were huge and dark purple! It turned out she had a huge abscess under her tooth. She fell several months ago and hit her tooth. And apparently that is what caused the abscess.Yikes!! The Dentist only had to wiggle it 2 times before it pulled right out. Shelby was super brave. I was so proud of her. And she was SO excited that the tooth fairy was going to come. I woke up the next morning when I heard Luke and Shelby talking in their room. I heard a Luke and Shelby gasp, and then Luke said,"the Tooth Fairy IS real!"

I took these when Shelby came into my bed to snuggle and tell me all about the tooth fairy! It was SO much fun!!
She requested that I take a picture with her missing tooth, the empty treasure chest and the money. I love it!

I recorded a conversation I had with her about the tooth fairy, but I can't get it to post on here. Sorry! Does anyone have any tips on posting videos?

3 comments:

Dixie said...

I love her face in those pictures!!!! Hilarious!!!

James and Aimee said...

That last picture of Shelby is so hilarious! I love it!!! And how did Luke get to look so grown up in just a few months? I guess turning six does that to you. :)

Hannah said...

I long for the days when I can send the kids to shower, and not have to worry about droning or getting half soaked myself to help wash them. And I love Shelby in the last picture. What a cutie!!!