Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring is here at last!!

This winter we had an ice storm. Which is not common for this area. Even snow is not common. At least not in my experience here for the past 3 years. Anyway, the kids and I stayed nice and safe inside. Luke and I were in his room looking out the window when our tree fell over. At first we were sad to see the tree go, but it has let a lot more sun light into our house. The tree used to cover our living room windows and kept out a lot of sun light. Well, I shouldn't say a lot. We don't get a lot of sun shine here anyway. lol BUT we have had a lot of sun the past few days and we have been out and enjoying it!! I think spring is here!



What is left of our tree.
I caught the last bit of a sun set the other night. One of these days when it is clear again like this, I'm going to go out and hopefully get a picture of Rainier at sun set.



Shelby is super sweet, but at times she has an attitude like I have never seen. lol I just have to laugh at it(not to her face of course).
Blue sky, an uncommon sight, that I had to capture. I LOVE blue sky!!

I think I have way more pictures of Shelby than Luke, but that is because she sits still way more than he does.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

You have such beautiful kids! Sorry about the tree, or maybe I should say congratulations? Love the picture of the sunset!

aubreyannie said...

wow! i'm so glad you got a picture of the tree. insane!!

Johanna Humphries said...

I knew about the ice storm, but didn't realize you lost your tree too! And the "attitude" picture of Shelby...well, maybe she's getting her teenage years over with a little early...you can hope anyway. Love you dear.

April Bishop said...

I love the attitude picture of Shelby. Don't we all have days where we feel like that? It's awesome that you captured it!