Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Lucas!!!

     Lucas Benjamin Weaver was born 3 years ago today. And though it is late right now, I am not too late in getting this posted in time for his birthday. You see, he was born at 11:18 pm and so he is not yet 3 years old.
     Lucas is such an amazing boy. He is so cute, funny, smart, and has such a sweet spirit about him. Most of the time he is this wild, crazy and energetic little boy(or as nursery leaders have nic-named him,"Tazmanian Devil"), but he also has a very sweet and sensitive side to him. He is always aware of the emotions of others around him. He can always sense when someone is feeling sad. There have been several times when I have been having a hard dad, and am silently crying by my self and Luke is in another room playing. He just suddenly stops what he is doing, comes and finds me, looks very concerned at me and asks me if I am ok. He then reaches for me and says SQUEEEEZE! We hug and then he puts a hand on each side of my face, kisses me and tells me he loves me so much. Of course then I really cry, and he just hugs me. 
       He is such a good big brother to Shelby. Whenever she is crying or upset at all, he makes sure I am aware and that I fix it right away. If Shelby gets hurt, he immediately drops to the floor and kisses her feet. Kinda weird, I know, but it is really cute. I am pretty sure it is because he refuses to kiss her on the lips. He can't stand her slobbery baby kisses. Why he chooses to kiss her feet instead though I don't know. Maybe it is because her feet are the part farthest from her mouth and feels that is the safest place to kiss her. 
       He got to spend a lot of time with his Dad over the past 2 weeks and he loved it. I was a little worried about how he would react to Kevin after him being gone for so long, but he acted a if he had never left. As soon as he saw Kevin walking towards the car at the airport, he screamed "Mom, there's Dad!!!!" They were pretty much inseparable from then on. We had a joint Birthday Party for Lucas and Kevin while Kev was here. There b-days are on the 5th and 6th of January. If Luke had been born about 45 minutes later, they would have the same birthday. But I think it is good that they each have their own day. Well, I guess Lucas does share with Joel, but that is cool.
       Ok, so it turned out to be way more than just a few words about my favorite boy, I hope you don't mind. I am just so very grateful to have him in my life. Even the wild side of him. He really is a lot of fun. And the sweet side of him has helped me through a lot. I love you, Lucas Benjamin Weaver 

10 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Now you made me cry, Heidi. I wish we did live closer to you guys so I could know your kids better. Thanks for writing so much about Luke. What a wonderful little boy!

the Petterson Family said...

He is a sweetie! And wow! In the pic he looks sooo much like Kevin! (minus boogers--haha!) Happy Birthday LUCAS!!!

Janie said...

What a great little guy you have. Give him special hugs from me. Love you all so much!

Humphries said...

What a great little boy you have and what a wonderful cousin Joseph gets to spend time with. We love you so much and hope Luke had a wonderful birthday. I think one of my favorite things about Luke is when Joseph has been reprimanded for doing something he shouldn't. Luke stands up and gets between who ever is trying to mess with his cousin and protect him.

Autumn said...

I still remember the night Lucas was born and how we all piled in the car to make the drive to meet him despite the late hour. I have rarely been in town when any of my family members have had their babies, so this was extra special to be able to be with you and Kevin as we all rejoiced and welcomed your beautiful little son into the world--and into our crazy cool family.
Happy Birthday Lucas. I love you!

Love,
Cousin Autumn

Jim said...

"Mom! There's Dad!" I love it. Powerful, sweet memories. Being a young husband and father was the best part of my life. I'm sure Kevin loes it, too.

Brooke Monk said...

Heidi I miss you! Your kids are growing up way too fast. Luke really is such a sweet happy kid, and you know why? Because you and Kevin have such a strong and happy marriage. It's true. We love and miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Right, I see how it is. It's all about Luke, now, is it?!

aubreyannie said...

happy birthday, luke!!

Tamie said...

that was such a sweet post...you made me tear up and little! :)