Monday, March 1, 2010

Momma's little helper


We have pancakes almost every morning. Luke has watched me make them many times and recently has wanted to help me make not only the pancakes, but everything. He has watched me make them so many times that he even mimic's how I pull the whisk up above the bowl and let the batter drip to check the consistency(as seen in the second picture). Oh and the apron is the one I made for Shelby for her Birthday last year, but she has shown absolutely no interest in it. And I was certain she would love it because she was always putting mine on. What do I know?? Oh well, at least it's not going to waste. Luke loves it!




Oh! I love this boy!!

5 comments:

nanajohanna said...

Me too! He's going to be a great cook, just like his Grandpa.

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Wow, pancakes every morning! What a good mom! Luke is such a good helper and I love the apron!

Lynsey said...

What a handsome helper he is! My little helper only helps when it is time to lick the brownie batter from the spoon. :)

Crystal said...

What a handsome little man! He's going to be breaking those girls hearts!

Autumn said...

Something about this just melted my heart. Maybe it was seeing you encourage Luke to participate and learn. Maybe it was seeing him mimic your ways of doing things. Maybe it was just how beautiful a child he is (and man, is he ever!). Maybe it was a lot of things now that I think of it, but I think I just appreciated the idea of you two making "mama memories" together. Such sacred times, and yet they are often fun and light hearted just as much as they are special and full of that love only a child and parent can know together. I am so proud of you and the way you are raising your children, Heidi. You are such a sweet and wonderful person and I feel so blessed to know and love you. Love, Autumn